Asia-Pacific data centres
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix data centres in Asia and Australia
The economic importance of the Asia-Pacific region has grown by leap and bound in the past few decades. Today, it is the home of three of the world’s four largest economies¹. The region is expected to remain the fastest-growing region through 2030 and by that time, it will account for 40% of the world’s GDP². And there’s no better place to enter, establish or expand your business in Asia-Pacific than with Equinix.
Features & Benefits of Equinix IBX® Data Centres
- A total of 146,500+ square metres (1,577,000+ square feet) of colocation space in Australia and Asia
- 2,150+ customers, 375+ data networks and 690+ cloud and IT service providers
- World-class reliability, physical security and operational excellence: N+1 redundancy and >99.9999% uptime
- State of the art colocation facilities that are certified compliant with SSAE16 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards for information security management systems
- Access to Asia’s thriving banking, commerce, manufacturing and telecommunications marketplaces
- Carrier-dense hubs and key Internet exchange points
- A commitment to energy efficiency and sustainability. We used 60%+ renewable energy across the region in 2017 and have adopted features such as indirect evaporative coolers at our Melbourne ME1 and Sydney SY4 facilities in Australia and a solar energy system that powers non-essential operations at SG3 in Singapore.
- Facilities that received Frost & Sullivan’s 2014 and 2015 Asia Pacific Data Center Green Innovation Leadership Award and the 2016 Asia Pacific Data Center Service Provider of the Year
Discover why Equinix Asia-Pacific is at the heart of digital business. Watch video >
Meeting demand for interconnection
Business demands have combined with technological advances to exponentially increase what people expect from connectivity throughout Asia-Pacific and around the world.
- Companies now require on-demand, simultaneous interconnection with globally dispersed partners just to execute basic business tasks.
- Social and mobile users are accustomed to immediate, high-quality service, no matter where they are or what device they’re using.
- New technologies are connecting more people and more devices faster than ever. Smartphone penetration is expected to grow to 77% by 2025, with more than 1.4 billion and 1 billion users respectively in China and India³. And as 5G commercialization enables smart cities and digital healthcare initiatives, the number of IoT connections will reach 25 billion globally by 2025⁴.
1 PWC 2 BMI Research 3,4 GSMA
Services available inside Asia-Pacific data centres
Based on your enterprise requirements, Equinix Performance Hub extends your presence to the edge, bringing you closer to your end-users in all your important markets to enable a whole new level of global network performance. Performance Hub is built on a set of vendor-agnostic components to bring you private and secure access to major network and cloud service providers.
ECX Fabric provides direct, secure and dynamic software-defined interconnection through a single port to distributed infrastructure and digital ecosystems, locally and around Asia. This flexible, one-to-many connectivity is available across 25+ locations globally, including Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
Our Solution Validation Centers (SVCs) help companies deploy Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ solutions with speed and confidence. SVCs lower the risks of complex deployments by enabling organizations to first test them in a real-world setting. Our Global Solutions Architects work with customers at SVCs to quickly turn concepts into reality. Equinix operates Solution Validation Centers in five markets in Asia-Pacific, including Sydney, Singapore, Hong Kong, Osaka and Tokyo.