SoftLayer Cloud Platform
SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) services to a range of customers from start-ups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture provides a flexible, unified platform using bare metal and virtual servers, SAN/NAS storage, management and a worldwide high-speed private network for secure, scalable and low-latency data transfer.
Reliable private cloud infrastructure for the enterprise
Direct Link, SoftLayer's private interconnection service, enables customers to connect their enterprises' on-premise network or private data centre to the SoftLayer cloud platform. Enterprises can connect via SoftLayer Direct Link in ten Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centres worldwide. SoftLayer has extended Direct Link in Equinix IBX data centres to include virtual connections via Equinix Cloud Exchange™. Leveraging private connectivity with Equinix and SoftLayer Direct Link ensures secure, predictable and scalable network availability to the SoftLayer platform.
Extending the enterprise infrastructure
The IBM SoftLayer platform provides infrastructure-as-a-service solutions options, including bare metal or virtualised servers, SAN/NAS storage, network, software and management tools to deliver high-performance computing and storage that can be securely and reliably integrated within the enterprise’s data centre. This unique approach helps enterprise CIOs quickly respond to changing business needs without incurring the cost or logistical challenges of constructing a new data centre.
Key features of the SoftLayer platform
Cloud Servers – powerful bare metal and virtual servers, in a single, seamless platform.
- Bare metal and virtualised servers – deploy fixed configuration in minutes or spin-up bare metal in 2–4 hours using API or IBM SoftLayer portal. Fully integrated platform for performance optimisation and management.
- SAN/NAS – network storage, CDN and backup.
Network – Direct Link, domain services, network appliances and load balancing. Equinix customers can choose among a range of connection speeds:
- IBM SoftLayer Direct Link cross connects that provide 1Gbps or 10Gbps connections.
- Virtual connections via the Equinix Ethernet Exchange in a scalable range, including 200Mbps, 500Mbps, 1Gbps or 10Gbps virtual connections over 1Gbps/10Gbps ports.
Management – hosting, management, control and reporting tools.
Create private connections between IBM SoftLayer and either your existing on-premise infrastructure or dedicated enterprise data centre located in an Equinix colocation environment.
- Leverage Equinix’s existing global infrastructure and eliminate the capital expense of building and operating dedicated data centres facilities and support systems.
- Reduces network costs by exploiting access to more than 1,100 carriers and network providers.
- Create a node within the Equinix data centre for fast, secure and reliable access to IBM SoftLayer, as well as a broad spectrum of other ecosystem partners.
Benefits of the IBM SoftLayer Platform and Equinix Cloud Exchange
Access to IBM SoftLayer via the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides a high-speed, low-latency, secure and consistent connection, enabling better performance of applications that utilise hybrid cloud architectures. Create virtual connections to IBM SoftLayer, network service providers and enterprise IT by building sophisticated yet easy-to-manage hybrid cloud solutions.
Additional capabilities include:
- Frequent and massive backup and storage for disaster recovery and business continuity – fast, consistent and reliable transfer.
- Super-secure data – never touching a public network.
- Run applications – scale the infrastructure and network to handle the most demanding workloads.
By bringing cloud and network services providers together with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections with one another, the Equinix Cloud Exchange delivers direct access to users for the services they need to build sophisticated cloud solutions.
Access the SoftLayer cloud platform through Equinix Cloud Exchange across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Americas: Chicago, Dallas, New York, Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., Toronto, Sao Paulo
- Europe: Amsterdam, Paris
- Asia: Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney, TokyoError! Error in parsing the data to this component
manualtrue true true true true true true true true true true true true true
Learn more about SoftLayer and Equinix
To learn how Equinix and SoftLayer can provide private networks between any SoftLayer data centre worldwide between the enterprise's own on-premise data centre or one located in an Equinix IBX data centre, please fill out the contact form, contact your account manager or email us at SoftLayerSolutions@Equinix.com.