IBM Cloud Platform
IBM Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider leveraging a worldwide high-speed private network for secure, scalable and low-latency data transfer, serves a range of customers from startups to global enterprises. It provides developers with instant access to the compute and services they need to launch quickly, iterate continuously and scale with success. With services across mobile, IoT, IBM Watson® and more, IBM Cloud is an ideal platform to power the next wave of apps that thrive on data.
Reliable private cloud infrastructure for the enterprise
Direct Link, IBM Cloud's private interconnection service, enables customers to connect their enterprises' on-premise network or private data centre to the IBM Cloud platform. Enterprises can connect via IBM Cloud Direct Link Exchange or IBM Cloud Direct Link Dedicated in 200+ Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centres worldwide. IBM Cloud Direct Link Exchange leverages virtual connections via Equinix Cloud Exchange™. Utilising private connectivity with Equinix and IBM Cloud Direct Link ensures secure, predictable and scalable network availability to the IBM Cloud platform.
Extending the enterprise infrastructure
The IBM Cloud platform provides infrastructure-as-a-service solutions options, including bare metal or virtualised servers, SAN/NAS storage, network, software and management tools to deliver high-performance computing and storage that can be securely and reliably integrated with the enterprise’s data centre. This unique approach helps enterprise CIOs quickly respond to changing business needs without incurring the cost or logistical challenges of constructing a new data centre.
Key Features of the IBM Cloud Platform
Cloud Servers – powerful bare metal and virtual servers, in a single, seamless platform.
- Bare metal and virtualized servers – deploy fixed configuration in minutes or spin-up bare metal in 2–4 hours using API or IBM Cloud portal. Fully integrated platform for performance optimisation and management.
- SAN/NAS – network storage, CDN and backup.
Network – Direct Link, domain services, network appliances and load balancing. Equinix customers can choose among a range of connection speeds:
- IBM Cloud Direct Link Exchange provides virtual connections via the Equinix Cloud Exchange in a scalable range, including 50Mbps, 100Mbps, 200Mbps, 500Mbps and 1Gbps over physical 1Gbps or 10Gbps ports.
- IBM Cloud Direct Link Dedicated cross connects for 1Gbps to 10Gbps speed requirements
Management – hosting, management, control and reporting tools.
Create private connections between IBM Cloud and either your existing on-premise infrastructure or dedicated enterprise data centre located in an Equinix colocation environment.
- Leverage Equinix’s existing global infrastructure and eliminate the capital expense of building and operating dedicated data centres facilities and support systems.
- Reduces network costs by exploiting access to more than 1,100 carriers and network providers.
- Create a node within the Equinix data centre for fast, secure and reliable access to IBM Cloud , as well as a broad spectrum of other ecosystem partners.
Benefits of the IBM Cloud Platform and Equinix Cloud Exchange
Access to IBM Cloud via the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides a high-speed, low-latency, secure and consistent connection, enabling better performance of applications that utilise hybrid cloud architectures. Create virtual connections to IBM Cloud, network service providers and enterprise IT by building sophisticated yet easy-to-manage hybrid cloud solutions.
Additional capabilities include:
- Frequent and massive backup and storage for disaster recovery and business continuity – fast, consistent and reliable transfer.
- Super-secure data – never touching a public network.
- Run applications – scale the infrastructure and network to handle the most demanding workloads.
By bringing cloud and network services providers together with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections with one another, the Equinix Cloud Exchange delivers direct access to users for the services they need to build sophisticated cloud solutions.
Access IBM Cloud Direct Link in any Equinix IBX location or connect to the IBM edge locally through the Equinix Cloud exchange across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Americas: Chicago, Dallas, New York, Silicon Valley, Washington D.C., Toronto, Sao Paulo
- Europe: Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Paris
- Asia: Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydney, TokyoError! Error in parsing the data to this component
manualtrue true true true true true true true true true true true true true
Learn more about IBM Cloud and Equinix
To learn how Equinix and IBM Cloud can provide private networks between any IBM Cloud data center worldwide between the enterprise's own on-premise data center or one located in an Equinix IBX data center; please contact your account manager or email us at IBM@Equinix.com.