November 14, 2013
Fixnetix and Equinix Sign Global Solution Partner Agreement
Fixnetix market data, risk management and trading infrastructure solutions expands globally with four new Asia- Pacific deployments
LONDON and HONG KONG. – November 13, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has signed a worldwide Solution Partner Agreement with Fixnetix, a leading global managed services provider for ultra-low-latency market data, trading and risk control. The joint agreement will promote and extend the availability of Fixnetix’s data feeds and trading connectivity solutions to Equinix’s 800-strong global, multi-asset financial services customer ecosystem. To ensure worldwide reach and address growing demand from European and American market participants venturing into Asia Pacific markets, Fixnetix is extending its global footprint into Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX™) data centers in Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The agreement covers Fixnetix’s full range of data feeds and trading connectivity solutions – iX-Direct, iX-Max, iX-Trade, @Source Hosting and iX-Eye. Customers accessing this portfolio of award-winning services based on Equinix technical infrastructure can gain access to liquidity at the highest possible speeds with no buffering or loss of data and full redundancy.
- The new Fixnetix infrastructure in Equinix Tokyo (TY3), Sydney (SY2), Hong Kong (HK1) and Singapore (SG1) International Business Exchange (IBX®) data centers – deployed as the first stage of the agreement – will provide sub-millisecond access feeds and trading connectivity solutions to over 10 local and 80+ global execution venues.
- The new locations add to what is already an extensive and highly interconnected Fixnetix infrastructure across Platform Equinix™, covering 12 key markets in EMEA and the U.S with existing deployments in Equinix’s London, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York and Chicago data centers. Since Fixnetix first started working with Equinix in Frankfurt in 2007, the number of interconnections serving customers in Equinix facilities has grown dramatically to its current level of approximately 400.
- Equinix global IBX® data centers provide a neutral meeting place for the world’s electronic trading community, whilst controlling bandwidth costs, reducing CapEx and simplifying infrastructure. Equinix interconnects some 800+ trading venues, market data providers, networks and technology service providers within the world’s largest multi-asset financial ecosystem.
- Hugh Hughes, Chief Executive, Fixnetix:
"Fixnetix is pleased to strategically align with Equinix in Asia. Our trading customers are now able to access market data, get trading access as well as utilise our FPGA pre trade risk engine iX-eCute for risk control worldwide."
- Stewart Orrell, managing director, Global Financial Services, Equinix:
"The Fixnetix portfolio of services has proved exceptionally popular with the financial services community, and their impressive growth over the past several years has enriched our financial ecosystem by providing leading-edge managed services in the top financial markets. Our partner agreement recognizes this and expanding our relationship will provide greater reach and value for our customers."
Fixnetix is a 2013, 2012 and 2011 award winning company providing outsourced managed services across multiple asset classes to leading global banks, hedge funds and proprietary trading groups seeking trading, market data, hosting, infrastructure connectivity and risk management solutions. The company is in 33 co- location and proximity hosting centres across Europe, USA, Asia-Pac and Africa and offers trading access to over 89+ markets.
Fixnetix is one of the first firms to offer the FPGA for execution. The company launched on November 2010 a real-time low latency filter, iX-eCute, an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) to solve the eternal industry conundrum of pre-trade risk, compliance and ultra-low latency execution. iX-eCute opens the marketplace to all participants with no detrimental impact on trading performance. The microchip enforces pre-market risks at nanosecond time frames whilst preventing impact on latencies that historically have slowed down more traditional trading systems and models. Unlike other solutions, the iX-eCute microchip has near zero impact on latency for governing the required checks directed by the SEC Rule 15c3-5 and anticipated declarations from other regulatory governing bodies. For more information, visit http://www.fixnetix.com/our-company/contact-fixnetix/
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.